HEARTS ON THE MOVE: UZBEK WOMEN’S TALK SHOW TO BE FILMED IN MARCH
It’s Show Time!
We’re excited to announce we’ll be filming Season Four of our Uzbek Women’s Talk Show, Shukar Aytaman (I Am Thankful), in March.
Co-hosting the show are Umida and her sister, Feruza. These beautiful Uzbek women share the Gospel in an engaging format, which addresses the concerns of the women in their country and points them to Jesus Christ as the only answer. For one week a year, they abandon their usual jobs for the set of their TV show, but it’s not all make-up calls and time in the spotlight. The week is long and grueling.
Thirteen Shows in One Week
Because we don’t have our own recording studio, we set up for our shoot in a conference room at The Hope Center. We only have one week to take care of everything – set-up, filming and break-down. We pull in our talent, technicians and volunteers for one week of intense filming. The call sheet assignments start very early each day and often go on until late in the evening.
We have to film thirteen episodes, because the satellite providers require that number in order to air our seasons. Our goal is to have at least one guest per show and we also have Zafar, our favorite Uzbek musician, come for the filming. Shuffling personnel in and out for the various episodes, finding them a place to stay and transporting them to and from the airport is a huge logistical nightmare.
So How Can You Help?
First, you can start praying – right now. Umida will be lining up our guests in the coming weeks and it is a difficult job, especially because of cultural challenges. Umida is young and she is a woman, which in the Uzbek culture means she should be quiet and wait until she is approached. When she calls and emails people who are her elders, especially men, they can take offense.
In addition, because of the intense persecutions Uzbek Believers face in their own country, even after they move to the States or Canada they are afraid. They worry about what could happen to their family and friends back in Uzbekistan if they show their face or use their name on a Christian TV program. They are also suspicious of being spied upon and reported to the government.
And There’s More
We also need other kinds of help from our faithful volunteers. Here are a few of the ways you can help:
- Transportation – Whether you can help out with one trip to the airport or are available all week to help move people around and run errands, we sincerely need your help.
- Hosting Talent – In the Uzbek culture, guests expect to be hosted in a home, rather than in a hotel, so all of the talent will need a place to stay while they are here. Some will only need to stay for one night, while others will need to stay all week.
- Providing Food – Each day we have to feed all the people working on the set. We need help in a variety of ways.
- Each morning we have donuts. Whether you’d like to pick them up yourself and visit the set, or just underwrite the cost we’d really appreciate it.
- Each midday we have lunch and some days we need dinner. You can help us by underwriting the cost of feeding the crew at the Hope Center’s Cafe 6:19. Or you can order pizzas to be delivered, or pick up your favorite fast food, or if you like to cook, we’d love for you to bring us a meal.
- We keep a table full of healthy snacks for breaks. Whether you’d like to donate individual snack items, underwrite our shopping trip to Costco or have an organization that would like to take over the whole job, it would really be a blessing.
- Prayer – This is something we always need, but most especially during our shoots. You can lift us up during the day as you go about your routine or you are welcome to arrange a visit to the set and pray as you observe.
Join Your Heart to Ours
By partnering with Global Heart Ministries during our film shoots you are helping to fulfill The Great Commission in this generation. Together we can bring the light and the truth of Jesus Christ right into the living rooms of every deceived child, every oppressed woman, and every hurting home. This is our message. This is our call.
We invite you to join this vision as a volunteer, a prayer warrior, or a financial donor. Contact us today by phone or email. Let us know how you’d like to partner with us as we reach out to the Most Unreached regions of the world.