HEARTS OVERFLOWING: LOOKING AHEAD
Let’s Share Some Tea
Celebrating the New Year with family and friends is a tradition throughout Central Asia and the Middle East. In each home, a gracious hostess pours tea for her guests from a piping hot samovar. In some cultures the tradition is to fill the glass to the brim to show the depth of the home’s hospitality. In others, a full tea glass would be a rude suggestion to drink your tea and leave, so the hostess would only give you a few sips at time. Let’s pretend you’ve dropped by for a visit, but you’ll have to pour your own cup of tea.
All around the globe, the turn of the year is a time to look back over the past twelve months. What kind of year was it for you? We hope it was filled with special memories and a bounty of blessings.
The GHM year was amazing in many respects, thanks to the blessings of our Lord and our generous donors. Here are a few highlights:
- Filmed new seasons for our Uzbek Animal Show, Azerbaijani Women’s Talk Show and our Uzbek Men’s Cooking & Testimony Show. (Hayvonot Zamini – Animal World, Sirin Sohbat – Sweet Conversations and Hayot Noni – Bread of Life.)
- Grew the number of satellites broadcasting our programs and doubled the hours of broadcasting.
- Our Central Asian teaching pastor trained and spiritually supported almost 150 house pastors.
- Kicked off Connect, a phone & text counseling system to compliment our broadcasts.
- Hosted the first Open Hearts High Tea, a heartwarming success, and introduced Esther’s Friends, Women Serving God through GHM. (Men desiring to serve God through GHM are welcomed to join the new Daniel’s Men of Valor.)
Held our annual Fundraising Gala, A Night of Dreams – truly a dream come true.
- Traveled thousands of miles to share the Gospel and the story of GHM. We also had several opportunities to enrich our knowledge of our target region and its people groups.
- Re-branded our newsletter, The Global Heart Beat, and our e-news, The Pulse. Began posting two blogs a week on a regular basis and ramped-up other social media interactions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Became an approved charity on Amazon Smile.
No New Year’s Celebration would be complete without sharing best wishes for the coming months. What do you have planned for 2017? We hope the entire year is a smashing success for you and yours.
Here are a few things we hope to accomplish this year:
- Film more new seasons beginning in March with our Uzbek Women’s Talk Show (Shukar Aytaman – I Am Thankful).
- Develop our Connect Counselor Team to include more counselors and more languages.
- Lip-synch dub our current inventory of Uzbek programs into the Azerbaijani language to widen their audience. (More about this on Thursday.)
- Translate and dub the movie Shawn into Farsi for broadcast in Iran.
- Build Partnerships with other ministries operating in our target countries
- Host the next Open Hearts High Tea and an Annual Fundraiser, to grow our volunteer team and expand our budget.
- We have rights to other projects, like an animated series called Friends and Heroes, we’d like to dub into our target languages, if we get funding.
These dreams only scratch the surface of our hopes for 2017. We hope you’ll partner with us to make these dreams a reality.
Share the Overflowing Joy
You can partner with Global Heart Ministries in 2017 to fulfill The Great Commission in this generation. Together we can bring the light and the truth of Jesus Christ right into the living rooms of every deceived child, every oppressed woman, and every hurting home. This is our message. This is our call.
We invite you to explore this vision and consider being a volunteer, a prayer warrior, or a financial donor. Contact us today by phone or email. Let us know how you’d like to partner with us as we reach out to the most unreached regions of the world.